Monday, August 25, 2008

Särkänniemen aka Adventure Park


Särkänniemen
is the the second largest amusement park in Finland. So on my first weekend in Tampere how could I not check it out? It had been raining all week and with promise of sun all day myself and three girls, that I had the previous day, headed out to the park on saturday. I would put this park in six flags/marine world category definitely not talking Disneyland. It has a planetarium (aka some video that I slept through), an aquarium (some fish, not that tight), a dolfinaruim ( dolphins jumping through hoops, standard but fun), an art museum (didn't go), rides (looked fun but I don't go on anything that goes upside down for fear of my life), and lastly a tower giving an amazing view of the city of tampere.



Was it worth the price of admission of 30 euros ? Absolutely, because of course there was good greasy food everywhere.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like how chili cheese fries is like "broilernuggetteja." i feel bad for mutes in Finland because i think lip reading would be harder.

and that's really cool that you got to go to a fair/amusement park. please be able to cook so greasy finnish food for us all when u get back.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I just bookmarked your blog and posted on my toolbars. im a stalker, i know.