Friday, September 12, 2008

Question

Is it bad that I miss home only when I'm hungry?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never, I miss home when I'm hungry too. It's a home thing, eating food you like generally comes from your family. Your mama will like that comment! Green enchiladas, Kate *if you read this* teach megan to make them, then she can teach me and i can make them too.

Richard Hourula said...

You miss your dad too, right? Right? Right? Do ya?

Kathryn said...

Megan's beloved "Enchiladas with Chicken and Green Sause" are straight out of Marion Cunningham's redo of "The Fanny Farmer Cookbook" although I vary the recipe just a little by spooning a little of the green sauce over the tops of the rolled enchiladas before baking ( I like the tortillas to be infused with the flavor of the sauce). And then I spoon on more after they are baked per the recipe.

If you don't have this cookbook, I highly recommend. While I will always love the" Joy of Cooking" for learning the basics of cooking, the updated version of "Fanny Farmer" is a little healthier (although Marion does love her cream and her butter).

And as to Megan's question: No, not bad at all -- if you read any expat forum, finding food from home is a constant topic. I don't think a Gordo's buritto will survive a 13 hour trip to Paris, but I'll try to bring a little "home" to you in December.

Anonymous said...

i had cheeseboard the other day. it misses you too.