Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Trip to the Labor Museum


Last weekend I went to the The Finnish Labour Museum Werstas with my aforementioned German friends to check out the sights of the Finlayson Factory.



Höyrykone aka a machine for generating steam power.



The textile section of the machine
















Sketches for textiles









Some machine from the 1820s



A circular knitting machine



Cotton machine



A machine



A knitting machine to close the sock toe.



A mid 1800's sock sewing machine



A late 1800s ribbing machine



A stocking frame from 1800



Lenin shows up everywhere



Scene from the Finlandisation exhibit. Finland V. SSSR hockey game.

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

I've looked at that last photo several times.. is No. 11 using an Allen wrench for a hockey stick?

Anonymous said...

that was a lot of machine pictures there. i really liked the pictures of the textiles. they were really clear.

when do we get to see pictures of your German friends? and Finnish friends?

Anonymous said...

you really should update this!
what is going on?
i bet u will update this after u get back from italy.

Anonymous said...

I know you went to Italy and took a bunch of pictures and had a good time, so when are you going to update this thing, huh?

Unknown said...

ciao!moi!täällä italianserkku...milloin kirjoitat sinun italianmatkasta?
(just to add a little pressure on updating your blog!)
also, love the textiles!matte needs to make a trip to the finlayson museum.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Megan!

Thanks for your postcards! Poppa and I both love hearing from you. Poppa would like your address (said he couldn't read your handwriting). Would you email it to me as soon as possible and I will forward it to him? I think he wants to try to write to you before you go to Paris.

Thanks!
No No